International Short Course: Food Safety (July 2016)
This week-long International Short Course in Food Safety. The course focuses on food safety policy development, risk analysis, and program implementation. The course provides hands-on training and experience in various aspects of food safety in both public and private sector settings. Components of the course include:
- Food systems, food safety, and international food trade
- Regulatory and policy issues in food safety
- Microbial and chemical hazards
- Food safety issues with biotechnology products
- Risk assessment, management, and communication
- Food preservation including irradiation
- Antibiotic resistance
- Hazard detection system
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles and practice
- Information and training resources in food safety
- Field visits to food and meat processing sites in Michigan
July 17 - 23, 2016. Application deadline: June 16, 2016.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Food industry professionals and policy-makers.
MSU’s National Food Safety and Toxicology Center and the Institute of International Agriculture, along with numerous other MSU units and other government agencies and private companies.
For more information:
- (517) 432-6167
See related programs in these topics: